Are you an athlete who also supports our drowning prevention mission through your athletic skills and connections? Then you are an Colin's Hope Athlete Ambassador!
Let everyone know that you are an official Athlete Ambassador by proudly adding this high quality embroidered patch to your favorite items. Iron-on patches are a great way to express your individuality and personal passions. The patch can also serve as a great conversation starter creating more opportunity to share about water safety, drowning prevention, and Colin's Hope and ultimately resulting in more saved lives!
Not an athlete, but know one who actively encourages drowning prevention measures? Award them for their efforts in sharing water safety awareness with this exclusive patch.
- The black and white circular iron-on patch measures 3" in diameter (3" W x 3" L) and depicts the Colin's Hope Athlete Ambassador emblem (used only for athletes who are making a life-saving difference in the world of water safety).
- Includes a heat-seal backing for fast and easy application with a standard household iron (see instructions below) OR can be attached as a standard sew-on patch.
- Heat-seal can be applied to almost any fabric/item - bags, hats, jackets, jeans, shirts, backpacks, and more. Find additional uses without the heat-seal such as in scrapbooking or creating framed momentoes!
- Also useful for hiding damaged or torn spots on clothing and/or accessories.
Kids Triathlete Ambassador Iron-On Patch
How to Iron on a Patch
- Set your iron and heat it up to the hottest setting your chosen fabric can tolerate. DO NOT USE STEAM DURING APPLICATION! Make sure the "steam" option is turned off, and that your iron does not have water in the reservoir.
- Lay your chosen item on a flat, heat-resistant surface (such as an ironing board). To ensure the item will provide a good adhesive surface for the patch, iron it first.
- Place the patch in the position you desire with the adhesive side flat against the item. Make sure any lettering on the patch is straight and level.
- Place a thin towel over the patch taking care not to disturb the position of the patch. The towel will protect the patch itself as well as the surrounding fabric.
- Position the heated iron over the patch and press down. Hold the iron in place for about 15 seconds. Apply continuous pressure by pressing down firmly.
- Remove the iron and allow the patch to cool. Lift the towel and check to see whether the patch is fixed on securely by gently rubbing at the edge with a finger, trying to lift it. If it lifts up, replace the towel and press it with the iron again for 10 seconds more. Repeat this step until patch is fully affixed, being careful not to overheat and burn the patch threads or underlying fabric.
- EXPERT TIP: For a completely secure patch, consider sewing around the edges. Use a sewing machine or a needle and thread to secure the patch to the fabric in a few strategic locations. This greatly reduces the chances that the patch will fall off. Just a few well-placed stitches around the edges will go a long way to ensure your creation will withstand a lifetime of wear and laundering.
Caring for Your Patch
A gentle wash cycle with cold water is recommended when washing items with applique patches.
Warning: Choose cotton or polyester fabrics for best results when applying patch with iron. Pay careful attention to the temperature of your iron since the high heat necessary for iron-on patches can burn fabric or cause discoloration easily. Test a small inconspicuous area with your iron first. Silk and other delicate fabrics are not good candidates for patches.